Thursday, May 20, 2010

Choose your feelings

I was watching Seventh Heaven earlier before I slept. The episode was great but the Reverend said something about choosing your feelings. Now, just the thought of it, it's really hard. Especially for me because I feel what I feel. In the episode, the Reverend suggested that you can choose your feelings. If you're upset but you still have to go to work, you can set that aside. And when you come home, you can feel it and even cry about it for an hour. Let all your emotions out but limit yourself to that time. Is this possible? Can we really choose our feelings? Can we really set the time when to feel it and how long it should last? I'm not tough so this is impossible for me.


I think dealing with our feelings right there and then is what makes us human. And if dealing with it causes bad things in your life like maybe cause you your job because you lost focus on your task or had a failing mark in an exam because you forgot to study, that really sucks. Forgive me for my words, but yes, it's bad but I guess that's how God planned it.

Maybe it's suppose to give you a lesson. And maybe you needed to learn that lesson. Problems come but in time, they also disappear. It's just how you handle it as it comes. With regards to feelings, do what you think is right. Think it through, don't just rely on your heart. Watch a movie, or clean your apartment, or go outside. Whatever suits you, as long as you move on.

2 comments:

  1. Human as we are we deal with everyday stress in our lives. It is normal to feel sadness and sorrow. In fact feel it, let it through your system- and then snap out of it and move forward. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes we tend to be one sided and only see ourselves who has been hurt and that everything may seem unfair, but if we really look on the other side of the story, we'll realize that we're just thinking it the self-pity way. Where in fact, it isn't! :)

    ReplyDelete